Friday, December 14, 2012

Aron and November

Only a few hours old
      Aron Brady joined our family on October 26. He was 7 lbs 3oz and 19 in long. I was induced with him at the hospital in Lynchburg VA. It was the longest stay at a hospital for a birth I have had. So he was born on Friday and I came home with him on Sunday. The first two weeks he was home I was worried that he would get sick. The stomach bug went back and forth between everyone in the family. I was really glad when we were all over it.
Aron 1 day
      The first week of Aron's life my parents were here to help me out. It was so great to see them and the kids enjoyed seeing them too. I was babysitting at the time too, so it was really nice to have the extra help getting used to having 6 kids for most of the day. My mom was able to help me get used to a new routine with the kids, laundry, and dishes. It was harder to tell them goodbye this time because I knew that it would be a long time before we would be able to see them again. I am just grateful for the modern technology like Skype and internet that make it easier to keep in touch.
Introducing Logan to Aron
           Logan has been a great big brother! When he first came to the hospital he was glad to see me, but once he saw Aron he gave him a hug. His attention span for him still isn't too long, but I can't expect much more from him right now.
          Logan is doing really good with potty training right now too. I need to keep reminding myself that he isn't 2 yrs old yet so for him to have only 1or 2 accidents a day is really good. Its hard for me to believe that he will be 2 on Sunday. I will post about it after we celebrate. Its been fun to see how Logan has changed in the last year. We have been really busy and there have been a lot of changes. 
Introducing Myla to Aron


Myla has always been a great big sister and has been a great helper with Aron. The firs thing Myla said after she saw him was "Look at his tiny fingers! They are so cute!" She is loving Kindergarten and is becoming quite the little artist. She is doing really good at her letters and numbers. Her Kindergarten class participated in a "Pow Wow" at school. She had so much fun dressing up like an Indian.

Myla at her Pow Wow
Now that is December and things are starting to wind down for the semester we have been trying to get things ready for Christmas and Logan's Birthday. Babysitting takes up a lot of my day and energy, but I like to think that I'm helping out the mom of the kids :) I don't know how she does it being a single mom going to school and working. I think all single parents who invest so much of themselves in their kids are amazing.
6 weeks 12/7/12
        Aron is 7 weeks old today and is starting to  interact more and start to make noises. Its a bitter sweet thing with Aron. Knowing that he is our last one makes all the 'firsts' very special. At the same time it is nice to know it will also be the last time we have to deal with waking up every two hours to feed him. I love our little family or rather not so little anymore :)

I will try and post again next week with pictures from Logan's Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. You're living in Virginia now! I had no idea! I'm going on a road trip this summer. I want to be able to stop by to see you guys. I hope I can. :)

    ReplyDelete