Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Teeth, Tears, and Testimonies

Myla and her tooth box
 Today at school Myla pulled out her second loose tooth! She now has a gap on her bottom teeth. She has been so excited about losing teeth and being able to get 'surprises' from the tooth fairy.

I'm posting about Myla's teeth tonight because I wanted to share an experience that happened tonight. I don't know how it happened, but Myla lost her tooth. Not just out of her mouth but from the little blue box it was in when she came home from school. The box was on her bed, but the tooth had fallen or been taken out. She was so sad!! I mean complete meltdown, crocodile tears and everything.

I sat down on her bed and gave her a big hug and told her that if we said a prayer that Heavenly Father would help us look for it and we would be able to find it and then I asked her if she wanted to say a prayer. She said yes. I then asked if she wanted to say it or if she wanted me to say it. She wanted me to say it. 

I said a prayer that we would be able to find her tooth. After I finished the prayer I asked her "Where do you think we should look?" She answered
"Under my bed" I told her ok and we pulled everything out from under her bed and we didn't find it. I asked her if she wanted to look in my room and she said yes.

While we were looking in my room for her tooth Dave was pulling her bed apart. Mattress and everything! I was nursing Aron in the glider in our room and all I can hear is excited squeals from Savannah. 
They had found Myla's tooth; under her bed. It was by the toy chest next to her bed is why I didn't see it when I was helping her look. She was so happy to have found it. I told her that we needed to say another prayer now to tell Heavenly Father "Thank you" for helping us find her tooth. We did and I was very happy to see how happy and grateful she was for finding her tooth.

It strengthened my testimony and I hope it will help her gain one of her own that prayers work and our Heavenly Father loves us. I'm so grateful that I could use this experience as a teaching opportunity for my kids. Even something as small as a tooth is a big deal to our Heavenly Father when its important to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment