Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nursing

Logan is 6 months old now. Besides the fact that I can't believe how fast that went I'm getting tired of not having my body to myself. I know nursing is the best for him and I enjoy the bonding, but I still feel like a cow ever now and then. I was also just called to be in the Young Women presidency in my ward. Don't get me wrong I am super excited about my new calling. Its a great opportuity. My confusion is when I'm at mutual on wednesday nights Dave will have to put Logan to bed, and that will make it easier for Dave if Logan is on a bottle. I posted on my facebook status about starting to wean Logan and his 6 month shots and its not the people who posted, they were incouraging me to keep nursing. So because I'm a woman it made me feel bad that I wanted to stop nursing. I didn't nurse Myla for very long (6 weeks) and Savannah I nursed until she was 9 months old. I guess when I posted my status on facebook I was looking for encouragement, but I didn't get it. I shouldn't let it bother me what other people think, but for some reason I can't let it go. It has been bugging me ever since. I want to wean Logan to make things easier for Dave and to make it so he can help me out more with Logan and the girls, but I don't like feeling that I'm a failure as a mother becasue I'm not nursing as long as some people think I should.

Okay I'm done venting. I know I need to do what is best for me and my family it just helps to know that I have friends and family supporting me no matter what I decide.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I didn't have internet to give you the encouragement that you needed! (hugs) You've given him 6 months which is GREAT! Only you can decide what is best for you, him and your family. Your needs need to be taken into account too. So if that's what you feel is best, then don't feel guilty about it honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i know you posted this FOREVER ago... but from working at a day care i personally love when parent's have weaned their babies! they can still do breast milk if that's what they want but it makes it all so much easier for anyone to be able to feed the baby and being consistent with the bottle only makes the experience so much better for everyone. horray for bottles!!

    ReplyDelete