Monday, June 27, 2011

Pool and the Park

 It has been so nice outside here lately the kids were driving me crazy so Dave and I decided we just needed to take the kids outside more. We have been going to the park and the other day I gave in and set up the pool. When I took the camera out Myla started doing her poses, but my favorite one was her hugging the tree :) Logan loved the swing! It took Dave a while to get a good picture because the swing was moving, so we had to stop the swing to get a good pic, but Logan didn't like that very much.

Savannah and Myla have started to play on the bigger swings rather than just wanting the baby swings. Logan wanted to get out of the swing and crawl around after a while, but the playground has gravel so he just had to get mad because I wouldn't put him down. We had fun at the park and the rest of the day was a lot less frustrating for Dave and I because the kids didn't have so much pent up energy.





 It has been getting into the 90's the last week and its supposed to get into the 100's this week. I finally gave in and pulled out the kids pool. We lost/broke the pump we got for the pool so I had to blow it up without it. It wasn't as bad as I thought and Logan loved being in the water. I was tired of being hot so I put on my suit and sat in the pool with the kids for a while. It surprised me how much better I felt after just sitting in some cold water. Myla and Savannah had a blast just throwing the toys in and out of the pool. It will probably start to be a regular thing playing in the pool now. I think I will need to get some more sunscreen though.
 I get to be pampered this week too and I'm so excited about that. I have a friend who is a student at LCC in the cosmotology and she is going to use me to do my nails. It has been a long time since I have had my nails done so it will be fun. Now I just have to think if I want anything fun done with my nails or just get the white tips. Either way it will be nice to have some time for me without the kids for a while. This is also the last week of Dave's summer school and he is very excited about that. He does great with the High School students, but he says that 5th graders are a lot harder on his patience than the high schoolers. It will be great to have the extra money from that though. So now all I have to do this week is figure out what we are going to do for Myla's birthday on Saturday. I know we are going
 to do at least cake and ice cream so now I just have to decide if we are going to do anything else special for it. I'm sure we will I just have to figure out the details. I just can't believe she is going to be 4.

2 comments:

  1. I just love those kids. They look so happy and cool. From Tracy and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun. Tell Dave that I know how it is doing great with High School kids but the younger kids trying patience more. I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete